I, then, set about to convert some of my interactive (paper) notebook files into digital interactive files!
So far I have converted my Classifying Triangles and Triangle Congruences Sorting Activities. I've also created 10 bellwork templates each with a different background for variety. The file I'm the proudest of is the 13 units of interactive vocabulary. In the downloadable preview, I give the list of vocab words by unit. Every single vocab term has a text box where students can type the definition and some other interactivity, including circling items in a diagram, moving arrows to point to parts of a diagram, drag and drops and fill-in-the-blanks.
Click on the photos below to go to the TpT link to purchase.
Classifying Triangles Activity
Triangle Congruences Sorting Activity
Advantages of the Google Digital Version
- saves money for teachers and parents because there's no need for a spiral notebook, tape, glue, lots of colored paper or scissors.
- saves time during class that students waste cutting and gluing.
- there will not be any lost pieces all over the floor.
- are more colorful.
- uses technology.
- students have access anywhere they have internet, even on their phones.
- students won't lose the files because they are kept on their Google Drive rather than at the bottom of a backpack.
- students can do and redo these activities because they aren't glued down after the first attempt, making it a learning activity AND a review activity.
- easier for students to read their work because it doesn't involve their handwriting.
- they are more fun!