Sunday, August 7, 2016

20 Facts about Me #MTBoSBlaugust

20 Facts about Me

1.  I am Mama to 2 beautiful daughters, Caela (25) and Alyssa (20).

2.  I am Nana to 3 sweet grandbabies: Aria (almost 5), Lena (1) and Owen (8 months).

3.  I am teaching at the high school I graduated from, but the old school building that I attended no longer exists.

















4.  I have been teaching for 17 years.

5.  My favorite math class to teach is Geometry.


















6.  I married my husband Randy on Pi Day (3.14.16).

7.  You probably guessed from fact #6 that I'm a math nerd!

8.  I love to use my Silhouette Cameo to make new decorations for my classroom.






















9.  I have also used it to create Disney stuff for a fellow math nerd.

































10.  This year I am using it to help a new teacher deck out his room in Hogwarts decor.  There are at least 4 Harry Potter fans (freaks) in our building (10 teachers).














11.  I used to be a ghost hunter locally and have had numerous experiences that I can't explain, including this photo.














12.  I received my Masters Degree the end of April in Math Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Florida.


















13.  My husband and I love to go bass fishing!  We go almost every Saturday on Lake Okeechobee.  My 7-pounder!


















14.  My favorite colors are turquoise and lime, and all the variations that you will find in my classroom decor.  My favorite shape is a hexagon, also found in my classroom.





























15.  I think this is actually a common teacher trait: I am a school supply freak!!  I love colored pens and markers the best!

16.  I have influenced a younger cousin (like a lil sister to me) and both my girls to also be school supply freaks!!  My girls still order their colored pencils or markers in rainbow order before they write anything or color with them.  EVERY time we buy new pens, we write our first name in every color on the back of the package.  It's kind of an unspoken rule!


















17.  I'm OCD at school, but not at home!!

18.  I drive an orange Fiat with a UF Gator tag!

19.  My first blog post was in June 2012 (here).

20.  I joined Twitter a while back, but never tweeted or followed anyone!  This summer, I jumped right into it @MathByTori!


2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with #17... and what I learned is that I need a Cameo!! Wow!

    Welcome to Twitter, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing tool! Thank you for the welcome!!

      Delete