Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A to Z Rules & Expectations


I found this document at School of Fisher and printed it out to post in my classroom.

A few weeks later I came across it and had an inspiration.  I modified some of the expectations and typed them into a business card template I created in Excel.  On the first day of school, I will hand each student a card as they walk into my room (more than one if it's a small class).

As a break in my "first day speech", I will ask the students to read their card, starting with A.  This will help the students take ownership of the class expectations.  If we have extra time, I can have them read them again and again, trying to read them faster each time!




This is what they look like... You can download the Excel file here, but you will need to download the font RowdyFunky for it to look the same.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment