Monday, July 11, 2016

SMART Goals Interactive Digital File

If you search for "SMART Goals" in Pinterest, you will find a huge selection of documents that you can use with your students to help them develop goals for each grading period.  Last year I designed a half-page document that students filled out and taped into their spiral interactive notebook.  Each 9 weeks, they would cut the tape and remove the goal.  They would fill in their reflection at the bottom and receive another one for the current nine weeks.  That file can be found here.

This year, I will be using Google Classroom to assign tasks for my students.  This allows me to create digital interactive documents in my Google Drive for my students.  With the digital interactive version, my students won’t need glue or tape and they will always have their “notebooks” with them as long as they have access to technology and wi-fi!  No more wasted money on excessive supplies or wasted time waiting for students to cut and paste.  Another advantage is that students can update their goal during the grading period.  In the paper version, it would be permanently written and glued down.

The digital version is available here in my TpT store.  Below is what the digital version looks like. Students will be able to click on each line to input information in the text boxes.  On the My Reflection page, student will move the red checkmark into the appropriate blank.



No comments:

Post a Comment